Latest News

I was skeptical about Ghanchakkar : Vidya Balan




Who would expect a fine and versatile actress like Vidya Balan to find any role difficult? Vidya Balan, who just returned from France after a short vacation with her husband Siddharth Roy Kapoor, has said that she first thought playing a Punjabi housewife in Ghanchakkar was not her cup of tea. Despite charming everybody with her acting skills, Vidya was skeptical.
In an interview to press, she said,“When I was offered this role, I thought I could not do it. I am glad my director convinced me. I had fun doing this quirky film. I hope people enjoy it too,” She was speaking at the audio launch of Ghanchakkar, her upcoming film in which, she would be seen opposite Emraan Hashmi. This film is a comedy thriller. Not very long ago, she was seen doing an intense role inKahaani and The Dirty Picture. She even won a National Award for The Dirty Picture in the Best Actress category.
After the director convinced her, she took lessons to get into the skin of her character – a Punjabi housewife. “First, I learnt bad words in Punjabi. I think it makes things easy. I wanted to be comfortable and hence learnt the language,” she said. The versatile actress has gone far and beyond Bollywood and India. Earlier this month, she at the Cannes International Film Festival in France, where she was a jury member! While, it is a great honour to be a jury member at Cannes, some sections of the media criticized Vidya’s choice of clothes at Cannes.
Irked by media’s criticism of Vidya Balan’s dressing, Sonam Kapoor voiced her support for the actress. “I was present at the ceremony. As soon as Vidya and the other jury members entered, they got a standing ovation. That is the kind of respect and recognition she got. She was next to Ang Lee and Steven Spielberg. But instead of concentrating on this tremendously beautiful and talented woman, people are looking at her clothes and trying to bring her down. That’s very sad,” said, Sonam.
Vidya Balan is one actress whose movies we look forward to, always! Ghanchakkar is expected to hit the screens sometime on 28th June and we can tell you, Vidya’s acting is exceptionally good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Streaming | Guest Post Services | Blogger | Guest Blogs Designed by Online Streaming07 Copyright © 2015 Published By Online Streaming07

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.